Friday, October 24, 2008

Putting it All Together

Domestic violence has many aspects which we have seen in the previous blogs. One has to wonder what love really means to some extent. Is being in love with someone making a sacrifice, being with him/her to have them there all the time, or is it really being in love with an individual. Some might speculate why two people who love each other get married and then have a violent relationship.

It makes no sense for a man to beat his wife, but there are many reasons as to why he feels there is a need to batter her. If a woman is not doing anything wrong and she is continuously getting beaten, yelled, and blamed on for everything, shouldn’t she leave? This is one question that is asked many times because no one can understand the situation.

When a woman is in that type of relationship, she should get away as soon as possible because it can end up in a serious death or having serious long term mental/health issues. By reading about domestic violence and having to experience it with my friend, I still have yet to understand why the woman stays.

I understand that the women have different reasons as to why they stay, but me speaking as a woman, I feel that I would never be able to stay in a relationship where a man is abusing me physically, verbally, or sexually. Hopefully I would never be in that situation, but I feel sorry for the women that are in the relationship and feel worthless.




No comments: